Position: Advocacy Consultant
Duration: 2 months
Location: Amman, Jordan
Organization: Politics and Society Institute
Background: Politics and Society Institute (PSI), is a Jordanian nonprofit NGO, policy and research organization established to advance practical research, innovative ideas and realistic solutions towards building a more prosperous Jordan and a stable region.
The Institute is an independent organization that aims to deepen the understanding of public policy and decision-making processes and to build a better knowledge platform of domestic and regional dynamics that will define our future.
The Institute advances its mission guided by values of rule of law, civil society, good governance and moderation. It provides an innovative, integrated and global approach to its analysis of complex trends and transformations with particular attention to youth dynamics.
Project Summary: The Jordan Sustainability Youth Leaders Lab (JY-SLL) seeks to empower and engage Jordanian youth in addressing sustainability challenges and promoting a greener future through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The JY-SLL will provide a platform for Jordanian youth, representing a balanced gender ratio and inclusivity, to serve as a qualified youth national committee. These young individuals will be tasked with studying the challenges in their communities and developing innovative sustainable solutions across various sectors, including industrial, environmental, economic, and social. Through a methodological analysis and constructive cooperation, they will work towards generating expected results under the supervision of the PSI team.
- Design a high-quality training program on Advocacy skills and strategies.
- Develop training materials, modules, and resources to engage and educate participants effectively to meet the project objectives.
- Identify key advocacy issues and target audiences.
- Train on Conduct research and analysis on relevant policies and legislation.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders, including government officials, community leaders, and partner organizations.
- Develop a training on Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders to advance advocacy efforts.
- Train on Plan, implement, and oversee advocacy campaigns and initiatives, including organizing events, writing advocacy materials, and coordinating lobbying efforts.
- Develop and implement a system for monitoring and evaluating the impact of advocacy efforts.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in advocacy and public policy.
- Extensive knowledge of the legislative and political landscape relevant to the Jordanian context.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of successfully influencing policy and decision-makers.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a cover letter to [[email protected]] by [23rd Dec 2023].
Please include “Advocacy Consultant Application” in the subject line.