Position: Needs Assessment Trainer
Duration: 2 months
Location: Amman, Jordan
Organization: Politics and Society Institute
Background: Politics and Society Institute (PSI), is a Jordanian nonprofit NGO, policy and research organization established to advance practical research, innovative ideas and realistic solutions towards building a more prosperous Jordan and a stable region.
The Institute is an independent organization that aims to deepen the understanding of public policy and decision-making processes and to build a better knowledge platform of domestic and regional dynamics that will define our future.
The Institute advances its mission guided by values of rule of law, civil society, good governance and moderation. It provides an innovative, integrated and global approach to its analysis of complex trends and transformations with particular attention to youth dynamics.
Project Summary: The Jordan Sustainability Youth Leaders Lab (JY-SLL) seeks to empower and engage Jordanian youth in addressing sustainability challenges and promoting a greener future through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The JY-SLL will provide a platform for Jordanian youth, representing a balanced gender ratio and inclusivity, to serve as a qualified youth national committee. These young individuals will be tasked with studying the challenges in their communities and developing innovative sustainable solutions across various sectors, including industrial, environmental, economic, and social. Through a methodological analysis and constructive cooperation, they will work towards generating expected results under the supervision of the PSI team.
- Develop and deliver training programs on conducting needs assessments effectively.
- Create training materials, modules, and resources to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required for needs assessment.
- Assess the specific training needs of participants and stakeholders related to conducting needs assessments.
- Design customized training programs to address identified skill gaps and enhance capacity.
- Provide guidance on best practices in needs assessment methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Share insights on how to align the assessment process with sustainable development efforts mission and objectives.
- Develop and implement methods to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs.
- Regularly review and update training content to reflect evolving needs assessment approaches.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g., program evaluation, social research, or a related discipline).
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in designing and delivering needs assessment training programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of needs assessment methodologies, data collection techniques, and data analysis.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse groups, both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to quality and ethical practices in needs assessment.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a cover letter to [[email protected]] by [23rd Dec 2023].
Please include “Needs Assessment Trainer Application” in the subject line.