Politics and Society Institute is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to coordinate the timely
and quality implementation of program activities. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, he/she
will be responsible for coordinating and building partnerships with key projects stakeholders, including
local partners, university administrations, ministerial representatives, local authorities and youth. This is a
full-time position (40 hours per week) based in Amman, Jordan.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Ensures the agreed project management methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout
the project lifecycle.
● Coordinates all projects’ activities, including the training and mentoring of youth, stakeholder outreach.
● Builds strong relations with local partners, ministerial representatives, local authorities, media and youth
to ensure sustainable partnerships and smooth implementation.
●Supports detailed and effective project planning, inputting into work plans, budget projections and
● Ensures quality filing and reporting systems for project activities, feeding into reports to donors on
implementation progress and achieved results.
● Coordinates M&E data, activity results, and documentation with the M&E consultant.
● Carries out frequent field visits to targeted areas to manage and supervise project’s activities and gives
feedback and guidance to implementing local partners, facilitators and consultants.
● Ensures adherence to PSI policies and procedures by all project team members.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
● BA in international relations, political science, Middle East studies, international development or a
● A minimum 4 years of professional experience in a comparable position, including extensive fieldwork.
● Previous experience in youth development, Political reform, SDGs.
● Strong knowledge of local context and previous field experience in Jordan.
2) Skills and Competencies
Excellent leadership and coordination skills with good understanding of motivating and building
teams including developing strong relationships with government, university administrations,
youth and communities.
Ability to contribute to and ensure effective grants management.
Demonstrated attention to detail and procedures, and able to meet deadlines and work
independently and cooperatively with team members.
Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, and financial
Excellent command of English and Arabic.
Strong computer skills (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Demonstrated expertise in UN and USG funded projects, including comprehensive
knowledge of their specific technical and financial regulations.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to the email below:
● Current resume
● Cover letter
Please indicate your availability in your cover letter and the expected salary.
Deadline for receiving applications is 19 October, by sending your cover letter and resume to the
following email: rand.f[email protected] , mention in the subject line “ Project
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our
website www.politicsociety.org for full details of our work.