PSI is looking for a Financial Consultant to be contracted to play a role in PSI’s capacity-building initiative within the SAWT internal development project. The Financial Consultant will be responsible for reviewing, evaluating, and drafting a new financial policy for PSI and working on the internal financial practices of PSI in order to be aligned with best practices.
Jordanian nonprofit policy and research organization was established to advance practical research, innovative ideas, and realistic solutions towards building a more prosperous Jordan and a stable region.
The Institute is an independent organization that aims to deepen the understanding of public policy and decision-making processes and to build a better knowledge platform of domestic and regional dynamics that will define our future.
PSI plans to enhance its management and financial sustainability through this core funding which is part of the USAID’s SAWT Project for Strengthening the Civil Society System.
This role calls for a Financial Expert who is intimately familiar with NGOs and Non-profit organizations’ law in Jordan to meticulously review PSI’s current financial policy and subsequently draft an enhanced and comprehensive version. This undertaking is crucial in establishing robust financial governance practices that underpin our sustainable growth and continued impact. This short-term consultancy is for max. of 6 days.
- Conduct a thorough review of PSI’s existing financial policy to identify areas for improvement and alignment with best practices.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to understand the organization’s specific financial needs and challenges.
- Draft a new and improved financial policy that incorporates best practices and strategies for NGOs.
- Ensure the policy addresses key financial aspects, including budgeting, reporting, internal controls, and transparency.
- Present the policy to PSI’s board of trustees, incorporating their feedback and insights.
- Provide necessary guidance and training on the implementation of the new financial policy and support in its dissemination among the team.
- Proven expertise in financial management, with a minimum of 10 years of experience, preferably within NGOs.
- Thorough understanding of financial governance, budgeting, reporting, and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enabling effective communication with stakeholders at all levels.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
In order to apply for this position, please submit the following documents to [email protected] by September 20th.
1- Updated CV/resume highlighting your relevant experience.
2- A cover letter expressing your interest in the position and explaining how your skills and qualifications align with the requirements, with a mention of the desired daily rate.
3- Submit technical and financial offers.
Please ensure that the subject line of your email reads: “Financial Consultant Application – [Your Full Name]”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment and interviews.
We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace.