Position: Sustainable Development Goals, and Sustainable Practices Trainer
Duration: 2 months
Location: Amman, Jordan
Organization: Politics and Society Institute
Background: Politics and Society Institute (PSI), is a Jordanian nonprofit NGO, policy and research organization established to advance practical research, innovative ideas and realistic solutions towards building a more prosperous Jordan and a stable region.
The Institute is an independent organization that aims to deepen the understanding of public policy and decision-making processes and to build a better knowledge platform of domestic and regional dynamics that will define our future.
The Institute advances its mission guided by values of rule of law, civil society, good governance and moderation. It provides an innovative, integrated and global approach to its analysis of complex trends and transformations with particular attention to youth dynamics.
Project Summary: The Jordan Sustainability Youth Leaders Lab (JY-SLL) seeks to empower and engage Jordanian youth in addressing sustainability challenges and promoting a greener future through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The JY-SLL will provide a platform for Jordanian youth, representing a balanced gender ratio and inclusivity, to serve as a qualified youth national committee. These young individuals will be tasked with studying the challenges in their communities and developing innovative sustainable solutions across various sectors, including industrial, environmental, economic, and social. Through a methodological analysis and constructive cooperation, they will work towards generating expected results under the supervision of the PSI team.
- Develop a high-quality training programs on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and sustainable practices.
- Develop training materials, modules, and resources to engage and educate participants effectively to meet the project objectives.
- Design customized training programs to address specific skill gaps and enhance sustainability awareness, taking into consideration the integration of development efforts and How sustainability understanding ensure saving resources and opportunities.
- Deliver 4 of training days about Sustainable development, Practices, Knowledge, and resources management.
- Assess the sustainability knowledge and training needs of youth participants, and stakeholders.
- Assist in the integration of the Sustainable Development Goals into the Youth’s perspectives, projects, and initiatives.
- Develop and implement evaluation methods to assess the effectiveness of training programs.
- Regularly review and update training content to reflect evolving sustainability practices.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a related field (e.g., sustainability, environmental science, international development).
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in designing and delivering sustainability and SDG training programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sustainability concepts, sustainable development goals, and global sustainable practices.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse groups, both internal staff and external stakeholders.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a cover letter including daily expected rate in the cover letter to [[email protected]] by [23rd Dec 2023].
Please include “Sustainability Trainer Application” in the subject line.